Monthly Archives: October 2015

Japanese Dollhouse bedding

Standard

So…this week was supposed to have more wood furnishings and bedding for the Japanese dollhouse, and it ended up just being the bedding because I spent last weekend dealing with furnishing for MY house instead.  Much as I love Ikea, after spending several hours there on both Saturday AND Sunday, I really had no energy to do much beyond put furniture together and clean.

So this week, here is a pattern for Japanese bedding to put in your dollhouse (or wherever your doll sleeps).  More will eventually be coming for the Japanese dollhouse, but it’s going on hold for a little bit.  I’m starting a class and not sure how much free time I’ll have, so you may see posts or I may drop off the radar for a while.  With something like a math class, you can say, “I need to complete 20 problems and it will probably take me 30 minutes” But this is a graphic design class, and the thing about art classes is you never know how much time the homework will take.  You might get a great idea you can execute immediately or you may fill a recycle bin with paper waiting for things to “click”.  Even if I’m gone, rest assured I’m expanding my creative horizons and stretching my mind in new ways which, ideally, will make for a better blog when I’m back.  🙂

The plan for next week is to debut several new 1950s dresses for AGs AND a 1960s collection sized for both slim 16″-18″ and AG dolls.  Let’s hope this weekend is quieter and I’m able to get it done!

Japanese dollhouse week 2

Standard

Were you anxiously awaiting the next installment of the Japanese dollhouse or wishing I would stop with the woodworking and get back to sewing?  🙂  Yes, sewing will reappear next week with a project you can probably use even if you decided not to make the house.

This week’s installment of the dollhouse project has instructions for built-ins like doors, windows and shelves as well as some printable tatami.

Click here to download

If you missed last week get it here:https://jenwrenne.wordpress.com/2015/10/15/a-japanese-dollhouse/

A Japanese Dollhouse

Standard

When I did the blog survey, I was surprised how many people asked to see Little Darling return to Japan, and also by the number of people that asked for furniture, room settings and even a dollhouse for bigger dolls like H4H and AG!   While there are some furniture projects in the works for the big girls, this week we’re starting a series to make a Japanese dollhouse.  YES, there’s lots of info on how to convert it to your preferred size, although this one is sized for 6” dolls.  Target has a new line of 6” mini OG dolls called “Lori” and DH surprised me with this one, named Tama:

Although the house was intended for my Azone, Tama fits it too and is much cheaper and readily available.  Yes, Tama and her friends do have a cute little loft made by Target if you’re not into woodworking!  It’s rare to find nice inset eyes on tiny dolls because it can be a difficult process to put them in.  For the price these dolls are quite nice, and they’re the same size as the older mini AG dolls with cloth bodies.

In order to not overwhelm you, I’m breaking the dollhouse project into 3 (maybe 4) weeks.  This week will be the basic “bones” of the house, with more details added next week and some furnishings the following week.

Click here for the intro

Click here for week 1

Speaking of Japan, Saskia sent me the pictures below of her bald Sasha dressed as a Buddhist nun using modified patterns from this blog.  Although it looks like she’s in a Japanese garden, it’s actually in the Netherlands!  You can click the photos to see more on her blog.

Get ready for Halloween!

Standard

OK, Halloween is coming!  Need a unique costume for a human or a doll?

How about a kitsune?

Click here for the pattern for masks for both sizes and info on this interesting creature

And I just have to share something I’m super proud of…

These shoes took forever to make, since all the sewing was done by hand except for some topstitching.  I think I broke 3 needles in the process but am SO pleased with the final result!  Yes, I made the jeans too if you’re wondering 🙂  The shoes were made as “outies” but formed on a last with a modified version of this pattern also see more here.  Should you be inspired to try some (easier than this) people or doll shoes check out these links:

https://jenwrenne.wordpress.com/2014/05/23/shoe-school-104-chukka-boots-and-outies/

https://jenwrenne.wordpress.com/2014/05/16/shoe-school-103-mary-janes/

https://jenwrenne.wordpress.com/2014/05/09/shoe-school-102-espadrilles-and-toms/

https://jenwrenne.wordpress.com/2014/05/01/shoe-school-101/

https://jenwrenne.files.wordpress.com/2015/03/lasted-shoes-1.pdf